In a country like India, where we are all seeing an era of digitalisation, we use our mobile phones to buy groceries, medicines, and other needs. The smartphone world has made us completely reliant on our phones. We trust these gadgets so much that we share and store sensitive information like card numbers in them for easy transactions.
This sensitive information needs to be protected. To do the same, we must install the best antivirus to ensure the devices are safe from unauthorised activities. So, in order to help you choose the best antivirus for Android, mentioned below is a list of all the factors that you should consider.
Understanding Android Security Threats
You use various mobile applications to perform every task. An ample amount of sensitive information, such as banking details, work details and credentials, are shared on these apps.
There’s no denying the fact that the Android market is growing. If you are an Android device user, you are well aware of the benefits and opportunities it has given. On the other hand, it has created a significant alert on data threats, too. These threats make you purchase the best antivirus for android devices. Before making such a purchase, you should be aware of the threats too, some of which are:
- Malware Infections: Malware has numerous variants that can infect your android devices in multiple ways. These infections can be in the form of files and codes delivered over a network that steal, explore and corrupt your device.
- Phishing Attacks: These are some of the most common malware activities that attack your emails or messages containing attachments of malicious files. They can corrupt your device very easily. These attacks often use a feature that is a command-and-control server. It authorises the attacker to communicate with infected systems. It also allows the attacker to explore sensitive data and remotely control the device or server.
- Spyware: One of the leading causes of severe security issues in the Android operating system is spyware. It is possible to install various software from anonymous sources in Android. It is malicious software, and when you install programs from unknown sources or visit a malicious website, an APK file is immediately downloaded.
- Information or Data Leakage: Data leakage usually occurs because of an email or website. Moreover, it can happen by data storage devices, for instance, USB keys, PCs and laptops. It is an unauthorised transmission of sensitive data. This data is accidentally exposed on the internet or to an external destination, including lost hard drives or laptops.
Key Features Of Android Antivirus Software
With the rise of security threats, it is essential to have the best antivirus for Android devices installed. From malware activities to viruses, choosing the suitable antivirus for your device is a crucial task. You need to access various aspects of the software. Let’s look into a few of them:
- Neutralises Viruses: You need to continuously monitor your Android device to ward off any emerging threats. You need to identify and neutralise viruses and harmful files as they can enter the system. It provides uninterrupted security.
- Improves Your Device Performance: As Android devices become storage spaces for files and applications, they can become cluttered. It leads to poor performance on your mobile device. You need the best antivirus for Android to identify and clean junk files actively. To improve your device performance, you need to manage background applications and optimise storage.
- Clearing Unverified Web Apps: One of the key features of the best antivirus for Android devices is the ability to detect malicious files. To find the malicious or unverified application that may be harmful to your device. It also provides options to verify the app or to delete it.
- Support Multiple Devices: With the increasing number of devices that we use in our daily lives. Following this, we need proper security across all the major platforms.
- Detect Cyberthreats or Phishing: The best antivirus for Android devices detects any message or email that contains malicious links or spam. To check for any malicious links in the message or email, you are just required to copy the message or mail you received from your app. Then, paste it to the text field inside its phishing detector feature.
- Photo and App Locker: A few antivirus apps provide extended features for locking apps and photos. It restricts other users or children from accessing the apps and photos that you have locked behind a password.
Get the Best Antivirus for Your Android Device!
Mobile antivirus software has evolved with technology. It offers much more straightforward malware cleanup for your device. The best antivirus for Android systems, like Net Protector Anti Virus, has all the essential features. Their Net Protector Mobile Security detects phishing, cleans unverified files and apps, locks apps and photos, monitors device performance, etc.