Sending funeral flowers to a grieving friend or loved one is a touching gesture that shows you care, even in the face of tragedy. Writing a note to go along with the flowers isn’t necessary to express your sympathy, but it will certainly make the recipient’s day.
Be careful of what you say and how you say it when composing a message for someone in a vulnerable state. The intention of sending a funeral flower is to express condolences, not to evoke regret or sadness. Here are a few heartfelt messages that might inspire you to what write on funeral flowers.
Inspiring Quotes For Funeral Flower Cards
Saying something genuine and heartfelt in a message of sympathy can help the reader feel closer to the words you choose. You can also include encouraging words from other people to show them that they are not alone in their grief and that there is always a brighter future ahead.
- “Do not think of them as gone. They are with you still in each new dawn.” – Native American Poem
- “Those we have held in our arms for a short while we hold in our hearts forever.” – Author Unknown
- “You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to FEEL the loss.” – Mandy Hale
- “The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace they’ve finally found.” – Author Unknown
- “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” – Terri Guillemets
- “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” – Maya Angelou
- “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in a time of sorrow.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Short Condolences Messages
Short and sweet messages go a long way, and the same is true for messages on funeral flowers. Although there is nothing wrong with a lengthy condolence message, a brief one can serve as a reminder to them that everything will be fine and that you will be there for them throughout the healing process.
- Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
- My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.
- Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
- We are here for you and your family, now and forever.
- May the sorrow you feel in your heart lighten by the love that surrounds you.
- Words can’t express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Father
While there are no words to adequately express how sorry we are for the loss of a father, we can at least let the bereaved know that the world will go on and that they are not alone by including a heartfelt message with our condolences on the funeral flowers we send.
- I have met some very generous people, but your dad ranks among the top. He was the type of person who would help anyone who needed it.
- Your dad was a really wonderful guy. It doesn’t matter where you go, I know he’ll be keeping an eye on things for you.
- I’m going to miss your father a lot. I admired him as a wise and kind man, and I’m sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now, but I’m thinking about you.
- I’m sending you hugs and prayers. I’m sorry to hear about your father’s death, and please know that I will miss him as well.
- Let the memories of your father provide you with comfort and serve as guidance.
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Mother
The love shared by a mother and her child is unparalleled, and it’s never easy to lose one. There are no words that can truly comfort someone who has lost a mother, but perhaps these messages written on funeral flowers can help.
- You are a wonderful continuation of your mother’s legacy.
- Feeling your mother’s love is something you will never forget. This is a precious memory indeed.
- A mother is with us always, first in her lifetime, then forever in our memory.
- A person as precious as a mother can never truly leave this world. I pray that you can still feel her warmth and hear her voice resonating in your soul.
- As you mourn the loss of a dear loved one, please know that you are in our prayers. So many people found hope and solace in your mother; she will be remembered fondly always.
- Your mother’s kindness was contagious and her memory will live on forever.
It makes no difference whether your condolence message on the funeral flower is short or long, as long as you send it with the right intentions. When requested, many flower shops that provide funeral flower delivery can assist you in writing the condolence message. Just know that this small gesture has a significant impact on the recipient of your funeral flowers.